ServiceNow includes as standard a number of pre-built applications, such as Incident and Change Management that can be configured or extended as required to suit an organisation’s processes. ServiceNow also goes beyond the traditional ITSM processes by adding support for applications such as HR, Facilities, Customer Services and Finance. But, what if you wanted a bespoke ServiceNow application to perform something very specific for your business?
ServiceNow the ideal platform for Custom Applications
ServiceNow provides all the underlying cloud functionality to support any process – user interface, forms designer, security, workflow engine, notifications, configurable database, reporting and analytics amongst others. It also provides a modern development environment that enables you to extend the supplied applications or to create your own.
Applications to support any process within an organisation, not just IT
TeamUltra can help you define and develop a custom application to benefit your business. With their unparalleled ServiceNow expertise they have helped a vast number of businesses achieve their business goals with a custom application tailored specifically for their business.
With the help of TeamUltra, Spirit pub group (now part of Greene King) developed a system to allow their customers to register complaints and comments. Input received from a customer is directed to the appropriate part of the Customer Services department, and the application handles the workflow, escalations and notifications back to the customer.
Another example is a Data Quality Management application for a global insurance company which enabled them to improve their reporting to their regulatory bodies and reduce the burden of compliance.
Other areas where custom applications have provided organisation-wide benefits are:
- Booking meeting rooms, hot desks, parking spaces, etc.
- Joiners, movers and leavers – there are always many non-IT tasks that need to be performed
- Mobile device management – registering BYOD devices
- Requesting access to IT applications, or physical access to buildings
Benefits of having enterprise applications on a single platform
The potential for custom applications on ServiceNow is almost limitless, and there are many benefits to having enterprise applications on a single platform:
- Common user interface – no switching between applications
- Single repository of enterprise information – people, locations, assets, etc. This reduces the overhead of maintaining multiple data sources
- Reporting and analytics across all processes, improving the accuracy of reporting, and the quality of decision making